The Heritage Writers Group
January 1, 2016
1. All meetings will be conducted following Robert's Rules of Order.
2. A nominating Committee of three members will present a slate of officers to the Board in December for a vote by the membership. New officers take office the first meeting in January.
3. Annual dues will be $25.00 collected during the first meeting in January. Members joining throughout the year will be prorated at $2.00 per month till the next dues assessment date. Special assessments or an increase in the dues may be made by a vote of the Board as needed.
4. The Board officers will be: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Immediate Past-President. Voting for officers will be by secret ballot. All officers may remain in office for two (2) consecutive years.
5. Guest Speakers must be Board approved before an offer is made for one to speak.
6. All writing presented for reading must be one's own unpublished material, with the exception of quotes and material used in exercises. Writing should be no longer than two (2) pages, double-spaced, Times new Roman, font 14.
7. Pornographic material and offensive language will not be accepted. The Writers Group is not a platform for religious or political discourse which is intent on converting or promoting a specific religion or political party.
8. A vote requires a quorum of three Board members for a Board decision. All changes to the By-Laws must be presented to the paid membership. A 2/3rd's vote of the attending voters is needed to pass the change. For other votes, a majority of members in attendance is needed.
9. Paid members have the right to vote, attend functions at a reduced rate and be elected to the Board. Non-paid "prospective" members may receive special notices and other materials or otherwise participate in functions designed for them at a fee determined by the Board. The Board has the right to designate Honorary Members and determine their benefits.
10. Satellites of THWG will abide by these By-Laws. The President will be kept informed of all planned activities of a satellite.
11. The Board is responsible for scheduling any additional meetings during the year.
NOTE: Officers or the founder shall not be personally liable for the personal debits, liabilities or obligations of The Heritage Writers Group.